Custom Current & Potential Transformers for the High Accuracy Power Measurement Industry
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
At Custom Magnetics, Inc., our expert design and engineering teams have a long history of providing high quality coil & transformer solutions with state-of-the-art equipment. When a customer in the power measurement industry needed improved accuracy for their line of transducers and power measurement equipment, we were pleased to accept the contract. Focusing on transformers, our company was first able to improve the accuracy of their products from 3% to 1% by improving the design of the current transformers. Further design changes then improved the accuracy of the products from 1% to .3%, all without imposing significant cost increases to the measurement equipment. A number of thorough tests and inspections were performed, and when completed, the redesigned transformers had dimensions of 1" x 1.5" x 1.25". The new components had an immediate effect on our customer's bottom line in the form of much improved sales. We now manufacture 100 to 500 of these pieces per order for this client in New York, providing turnaround times that range from 4 to 8 weeks.
To learn more about this project, please see the following table or contact our office directly.
Custom Coils & Transformers Project Highlights
- Project Name
- Project Description
- These transformers are used in a high accuracy power measurement application.
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- The first improvement on current and potential transformer design, we improved the accuracy to 1%.
- Subsequent next generation improvement, we improved the accuracy to 0.3% without significant cost increase.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 1.0 in x 1.5 in x 1.25 in
- The customer reported much improved sales of their products.
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Exciting Current, Inductance, Open Circuit Voltage, Hi-Pot Testing
- Industry for Use
- Power Measurement
- 100-500 pcs/month
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 4-8 weeks
- Delivery Location
- New York
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications